Tony & Tucker

Tony & Tucker
I love my guys

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Super Star Emily...

Emily auditioned for her first stage play. Several of her friends are active in plays since the Danville Community Theater is so family friendly and tons of fun. This performance will be Schoolhouse Rock LIVE!

It caught my attention because Emily has a VCR tape (yes I do still have a few tapes around the house) of the top 100 Schoolhouse Rock songs. She loves it and watches it frequently. So I knew she could relate to the music. I really didn't think she would get a part but thought it would be a positive experience for her to just audition. To our surprise, she will be singing on stage this summer!

Even though Tony and I already knew she had landed a spot, we decided to take her by the to let her find her name on the list for herself. So, we picked her up after school and told her we had heard they posted the list and we could go by to see. She immediately got a nervous look on her face. I told her that no matter what, it was a fun experience even if she didn't make it this time. (he he) We pulled up to the theater and we barely had stopped the van before Emily jumped out and ran to the window. It took her all of 5 seconds to find her name, and literally began jumping for joy! It was really fun to see.

I hope she enjoys this experience. It is a lot of practice and time, so we'll see how well she deals with it. I think she will have a blast and make a few new friends along the way.

No comments:

Emily in mouth

Emily in mouth
However, this was a great shot!

Tucker

Tucker
Whatcha doin' mom...

Snow Angels

Snow Angels
Emily & Tucker